A blast, metres away from the home of Lashkar-e-Toiba founder Hafiz Saeed in Lahore, killed two people and injured 16 others, reports said on Wednesday.
The blast went off at a house located about 120 metres from Saeed’s residence in Johar Town, TV news channels reported citing police officials.
Saeed has for long had a residence in Johar Town. However, he is currently in jail in Lahore after he was arrested and convicted last year in a string of cases related to his involvement in terror financing.
Lahore police chief Ghulam Mehmood Dogar told reporters two of the injured died in Jinnah Hospital. Women, children and a police official were among the injured and some of them were in a critical condition, according to the media reports.
Dogar also told reporters the incident appeared to be a “bomb blast” but investigations were underway to determine the exact nature of the explosion.