Elon Musk nixes news headlines from X, cites ‘aesthetic’ reasons

Updated : Oct 06, 2023 18:43
|
Editorji News Desk

In a blow to media groups, Elon Musk has removed headlines from news articles that were posted on X, formerly known as Twitter. The billionaire said he made the move for “aesthetic” reasons.

Musk said posts would look better in the new format, which only shows up as a photo and description text. Users wishing to visit the link will have to click on the photo.

The headline removal on X has been under process for weeks. Forbes first reported it in August, to which Musk said this was directly coming from him.

Guardian reported that the headline removal has only been activated for iOS and desktop users so far. It is unclear when and if the same change will be made for other users.

Also Watch: Elon Musk says Justin Trudeau is 'crushing free speech' in Canada; here's why

Musk, who took over Twitter last year, has frequently criticised traditional media outlets. He has claimed that his platform, now named X, is a better source.

Elon Musk

Recommended For You

President Trump announces reduced reciprocal tariffs on India and China
editorji | World

President Trump announces reduced reciprocal tariffs on India and China

US senator smashes record with 25-hour anti-Trump speech
editorji | World

US senator smashes record with 25-hour anti-Trump speech

editorji | World

Donald Trump set to unleash 'Liberation Day' tariffs

editorji | World

India is amazing from space: Sunita Williams

editorji | World

Deaths from devastating earthquake in Myanmar climb past 1,700